Need To Protect Yourself From A Hard Drive Crash?

Sunday, June 1, 2008

What's Wrong With Network Marketing?

I used to be in MLM, but now I've been doing affiliate marketing. How is network marketing screwed up? Nothing is screwed up about this system. It's those who abuse the system, those who continue front line recruiting, like what's happening in my last company.

Front line recruiting keeps going and going and going while those who are already in it are not getting any help from the person who brought them into the business. My former upline Michele even told me that I shouldn't expect any return calls from her. I remember Kim saying in one of her courses that if you turn your back on your enrollee, they're just going to disappear. Well it happened when I decided to leave, especially when this Michele tried to make it look like it's my fault by covering up her mistakes. Her direct upline doesn't even have time for any one of her frontline distributors.

I thought I was the only person who went through this, but I talked to other distributors in the company I worked with and they have the same complaint.

After I left, I told her on a chat session that I was sorry that we didn't work out. I thought it was the most respectable thing to say, at least I didn't disappear out of thin air, but she started rambling that network marketing is not for me, that if I don't follow the system of chasing people and spending hundreds of dollars on leads that were filled out by people who were tire-kickers looking for a freebie like a laptop or a digital camera, and get on useless team calls that were rehashed from someone else's team calls. What a waste of time to listen to crap that's not helping us close any sales. After all, that's what we're suppose to do. Basically, that's what the uplines want me to do and as long as this is their standard practice, my reservation remains high.

Anyways, what's my point here? Network marketing, one of the most ethical forms of business today, becomes defaced, picked on, crapped on by the 95% (including me) who dropped out, because the leaders focus solely on recruiting, picking up anyone on the street who aren't qualified to work this type of business in the first place and then when they quit, they started filing complaints on other boards or the ripoff report that this company is bad or the leaders are bad (which most of them are or are becoming) misusing this concept by continuously recruiting instead of focusing on customer service.

Network marketing remains a powerful people-based model to exponentially explode your organization, but if you misuse it, people in your downline will start deserting. If you're willing to train the 8 to 12 good people to doe the same thing you're doing, 5 levels later, your 5th level will have over 32,768 distributors. Theoretically, this is possible. Less is more by having 8 distributors in your frontline, that is much better than having 512 distributors in your frontline. Besides, how can you get a life by having that many distributors in your frontline and keep them afloat. Some of them would have quit by now.

My advice to you all is before you join your next network marketing company, ask the hard questions before you dig into the business and dish out $100, 200, 500, or even $3,000 to get started. That's because you're going to need them when you get stuck.

So that's what I wanted to say.

Sidney

http://aboutsidney.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Stacie Walker said...

Hello Sidney,

Not sure if you remember me. I used to be with the same company you recently said goodbye to. I have moved on to bigger and better things. Focusing on creating my own online business. I really love your honesty in this post. Keep up the good work and keep your dream alive.

Stacie Walker
http://awomaninleadership.com