Need To Protect Yourself From A Hard Drive Crash?

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Handling Your Warm Market

Some of my customers are warm market or local referrals. I never pitch the sale with my warm market. Instead, I ask if they know someone who can enjoy the benefits of the products and services we sell and that could include themselves. Some of your warm market may be part of your audience, so don't neglect telling them what you do. The more people you know, the better.

As Dale Calvert said, if you love the products to death, you'll be shooting yourself in the foot for not telling your warm market what you do. Some will laugh at you and some will need it badly. So you will never know if you don't speak up.

My brother and sister laughed at me when I told them that I'm working with our company, but it turned out that they're whining about not having coverage or they have a lousy health insurance and no dental insurance. I did get the last laugh because when they bring up their problems, I simply told them that I don't want to hear it unless they're interested in the products and services I offer and said I had to go make other calls.

One thing I thought about doing is starting a newsletter about the products and services we carry. By doing that, you increase your warm market numbers. You would do a weekly newsletter and email these to your subscribers. I'll do it under the condition that I won't pitch the sale to the subscribers. As far as getting the subscribers are concerned, I'll use multiple sources such as my warm market, friends on myspace, friendster, and facebook, and Google AdWords - will only pay up to 5 cents per click with a daily budget of 60 cents. I'll sign up with AWeber since I can write the weekly newsletters from there and broadcast it to all my subscribers.

To do newsletters and maintain a subscriber base, you better be a good writer. Don't bore your subscribers with the details because they don't care about those and would wind up subscribing. Borrowing a phrase from Dale Calvert, do you think the they care about the ingredients of Diet Coke before they buy? Most of them don't. If your friends say it's good stuff, you take their word and go buy it. Thus, you buy that diet Coke based on your friends' testimonials. So include testimonials with your newsletter because a story sells a product.

This is how you become an expert in the discount health/dental business. Do the newsletters and build trust. People buy on emotion. They buy preferably from who they trust. They don't buy based on technical mumbo-jumbo. Do you think I'm going to buy from you if you tell me all this technical stuff? All I'm going to say is I got to go to the restroom and pee.

Newsletters are one of the ways to heat up cold market leads to warm market leads.

Remember to love your product to death, like me, or you won't be an expert. Warm market people buy on emotion, enthusiasm, loving the product, but not on technical mumbo-jumbo or hype.

No comments: