Need To Protect Yourself From A Hard Drive Crash?

Monday, September 17, 2007

How Does Keeping Your Friendships With Your Front-line Distributors is Beneficial

I want to talk about a couple of people who I thought are my friends and won’t give out names.

When I first sign up with this company, I gave them the benefit of the doubt that they tell me the truth that they will work with me in supporting my efforts to build my business. Unfortunately, they’re more concerned in building their business based on the old school using the FORM method.

I already told them that part of my business plan is based on the new school instead of the old school and you know what the old school is like. I’m not sure if I offended them, but long before they turned their back on me, they did told me that I can run my business the way I should feel like running it.

This one weekend between June and July of this year (won’t mention the exact date), they went to this company convention and since they got back from this thing, they stop being close to me, I’m not treated like we’re friends, despite me trying to maintain my friendships with them. I really value their friendship just like they value mine, but something in that convention made them do a 180 degree turn on our friendship.

They emphasize that I should focus more on earning that first pin level, then concentrate on recruiting. Since I have the new school of networking mindset, I feel that customers should be in the top of the list. After all, 1 out of 10, you have a better chance in closing the sale and probably get referrals. They claim that it was easier to bring in business builders, so they asked me to focus on that instead. This would go against what I believe in and put customers on the bottom of the list. After all, they claim that it was harder for them to get customers. When I suggested that customers must always be on the top of the list, it sort of offended them and yes, there goes my friendships with them as well.

Most of the distributors in the company I work with spend their time recruiting other distributors. I even heard some people awarded by the company for signing up an X amount of distributors a month.

If I remember, Kim Klaver said in one of her classes that most of the top-level distributors only had less than 10 front-line distributors and made the most out of the magic of network marketing. I preferred to have only up to 12 front-line distributors and spend more time growing their organization. In addition, I would get to keep our friendships with them and that is also healthy for my organization.

In contrast, those who I work with are spending their time doing three thing…recruiting, recruiting, and recruiting. How can you work with 200 distributors in your front line and maintain a good relationship with them? What happened to the customers? They’re back in the bottom of the list and I guess this is the reason why network marketing is getting a black eye.

What’s my point?

  • Keep your friendships with your front-line distributors by not having too many of them. About 8-12 front-liners is all you need and make the magic of network marketing work. Have you forgotten the 4 x 4 x 4 x 4 x 4 x 4 x 4 x 4 x … that can exponentially increase the number of your downline and be able to make gangster money?
  • Focus on helping your front-line distributors build their organization.
  • Spend more time on customer acquisition. After all, they must be on the top of your prospecting list. How did Sam Walton (WalMart) became the richest man in the world during his time? It’s because he had customers on the top of his list, not business builders nor distributors.

My two cents,

Sidney

http://www.e-dental-plus.com
http://aboutsidney.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Altumega said...

I like your point of view. I think I will do the same with my network.

Thank you.