Need To Protect Yourself From A Hard Drive Crash?

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Using EZines To Get Your Site Plenty Of Traffic And Possibly Leads

Although I'm not that great of a writer, one thing I'm aware of is making sure that when I write something, it will keep the reader interested, it transitions smoothly from one topic to the next, and there will be value for the reader to read it.

How about this new deal called Ezines. I first heard about Ezines last year, but for whatever reason, it was just another article that's on the web. So you're probably going to wonder, why would you write one up? Who cares about this thing?

I'm sure you've heard about networking with your peers. Remember when you're in high school or college, you network with other people by joining clubs, social gatherings, or even by being in the classroom. You connect with these people because you and that network of people have something in common.

However, your association with them may not last because you all be moving on with other things. When I was working on my bachelors and my two masters, I built a pretty good network of people who share the same ideas as I do. When I left school, most of them have moved on or some who I met have different interests.

I believe it's not a bad idea to keep networking with others with similar interests. That's when I got the idea of ezines from several networkers. Although I may not get traffic from the general public about my interests (why should I?). I just want to get traffic from a certain audience. You know, someone who wears a pair of size 11 wide Crocs, my favorite pairs of sandals (i'm already on my 2nd black pair--in fact, my daughter katherine is on her 2nd pink pair or Crocs).

If you're willing to write and advertise your skillset out there on the Internet, ezines may be your ticket. Ezine websites are indexed by search engines and depending on what keyword you optimize it for, someone may just find you.

For the last two years, I've been involved in designing websites, but for one main reason...to drive traffic to it. However, promoting it will take much work and in time, traffic will grow. With the e-dental-plus.com website, which I own, it wasn't even ranked in alexa last year, but now it somewhere around 2.8 million. My goal for the end of the year is to get it down below 2 million, but there's a lot of work cut out for me. Perhaps, I would need to start writing ezines about the dental programs that I offer at e-dental-plus.com.

Before go off a tangent, I want to get back to the deal with ezines. Make sure you have something to write about and when you write it up, follow the AIDA format. That means...

A - Attention - Depending on what they read on the headline will determine if the article will be read.

I - Interest - be sure to address what's in it for them. If you don't address this, they'll just click the "back" button on their browser.

D - Desire - put the features on the topics that your article offers. Highlight 4-7 important bullets in this area.

A - Action - Make sure there's a link that allows them to take action, such as your product website or the website you want them to go to to fill out some form or whatever.

Well if you keep your ezine in this format, you may have little trouble addressing what you want to convey to your readers.

So for those of you businesspeople wanting to promote their product, their service, what they do well in, find other people who share the same views as you through a website, don't take ezines lightly. Although there are other options to increase traffic to your website, ezines are one of the ways you can get more visitors to your website. However, the way you write your content will have an impact on whether your visitors come back.

If you want to successfully generate traffic to your website, implement ezines. Don't forget to make that effort in being a good writer. It carries a lot of weight with your readers.

Sidney

P.S. Here are my recommended resources if you want to drive traffic to your website and you're on a limited budget. The subject of ezines is also discussed in these resources.

Magnetic Sponsoring - by Mike Dillard - learn how to use the skills that made Mike a millionaire
Building On A Budget - by Mike Dillard - learn how you can advertise your business on a limited budget. Ezines and press releases are also mentioned in this course.
Attraction Marketing Formula - by Ferny Ceballos - Learn the secrets of Google AdWords, capture pages, ezines, press releases, craigslist, ebay advertising, and more. Learn it in detail.

No comments: